Wednesday, July 8, 2009

N-N-N-NIA

I have been thinking for the past 5 minutes how to describe my NIA experience... and I can't really. It was like a cosmic collision of modern dance, yoga, martial arts, and my child hood.

Here is the class descriptions from the fitness department:

Nia, is a fun and energizing fitness dance practice that teaches you to be more joyful, expressive, and alive in your body. Nia is instructor led fusion fitness drawing from dance, martial, and healing arts and is taught to diverse and inspiring music. Strengthens, improves balance and nourishes the spirit. Nia is practiced by people of all walks of life, ages, and fitness levels.

This was so much fun. It reminded me of a modern dance class I took at CUCA for my fine art credits! AND I got some sweeeeeet video. The first video is an 'About NIA', the second one is me doing my best to keep up in the class. You can tell, I have so much fun in this class!

PS: I butcher all the moves... but that reminds me a one of the critical rules of NIA - there is no 'right' movement. Like we say at Oval Kids - Every move is a good move!









1 comment: