Sunday, June 28, 2009

Transformed into a puddle on the floor....

So let me tell you about the Transformer

The transformer is a group fitness class offered at the Oval. For me, it was not only my first drop-in classes at the Oval, it was my first group class ever! I was a little nervous… I didn’t know what to expect. Angela was teaching and in no time had me lunging, curling, lifting, sliding, stepping, until I was “transformed” into a puddle of sweat on the floor - Such a good workout! But remember a water bottle, I’ll only make that mistake once.

For all those guys out there that used to be like me, and have never tried a fitness class – try it! I’m a believer.

Angela – see you next class!

So it took me a little while, but this Wednesday seemed like a good day to try out my second ever fitness class. This one is the
30-30-30. The premise is cram three separate workouts into one class… and if you don’t have much time you can duck out after one of the segments. I have the time… so went for the full 90, and again, Angela worked me over.

The class started with a Bosu ball session, then moved to mat work, and wrapped up with stretching. Again the high energy class tuckered me out… it was a slow ride home afterwards. But the 90 minute class was great because I am travelling back to the island and need to off-set the barley sandwiches!

PS: The abdominal work was crazy… I’ll have my six-pack back in no time if I keep coming to drop-in fitness classes! …hmmm maybe an Ab specific class next time???

PPS: I really want to get a camera into these classes but havn't worked up the courage to bring one in... next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment